Joe Duffy is an accomplished and resourceful trial lawyer who focuses his national practice on white collar criminal defense and complex business litigation. He handles all aspects of federal and state criminal prosecutions through the investigative, prosecutive and appellate stages.
He has extensive experience representing individuals and corporations in internal and government investigations as well as civil and criminal jury trials and appeals. Mr. Duffy has successfully represented clients in cases involving health care, antitrust, defense procurement, securities, environmental, tax and public corruption matters.
Prior to joining private practice, Mr. Duffy spent nearly a decade in the United States Attorney’s Office forthe Northern District of Illinois, including serving as first assistant U.S. attorney. He draws upon his experience as a federal prosecutor working on matters involving complex financial crime and public corruption. Mr. Duffy is also a CPA, and he previously worked as an agent for the IRS.
Widely viewed as one of the nation’s leading white collar criminal attorneys, Mr. Duffy has beenconsistently recognized in leading legal and trade publications and news reports. His work was featuredin the book “Golden: How Rod Blagojevich Talked Himself out of the Governor’s Office and Into Prison,” by Jeff Coen, in which the author detailed Mr. Duffy’s exceptional cross-examination of the government’skey witness in defense of Antoin Rezko, a fundraiser for former Illinois Gov. Blagojevich.
- White Collar Criminal Defense and Investigations
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- Consistently named in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in Illinois Litigation: White Collar Crime and Government Investigations
- Highest “AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)” Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc.